our canadian cheeses
Indulge in a curated selection of savoury local cheeses assembled with care and perfect
for the fall’s most delectable moments.
Add a personal touch to your
Temper cheeses by taking them out of the refrigerator up to 45 minutes in advance. Leave rinds on to keep cheese from drying out.
Rewrap leftover Brie and washed rind cheeses in their original packaging. Add plastic wrap to keep them from drying out. For goat cheese, use parchment or wax paper and store it in the most humid part of the fridge (usually the vegetable drawer); this will allow the cheese to breathe.
Serve a minimum of 3 to 6 different types of cheese. Select cheeses that are distinctly different from each other. Choose cheeses with distinct flavours and colours.
Add some colour and complimentary flavours to your cheeseboard by incorporating some of the following items:
- SOMETHING TOASTED! Baguette, nut breads, multigrain breads, dried fruit crackers and grossinis.
- SOMETHING COLOURFUL! Dried fruits – cranberries, figs and apricots.
- SOMETHING FRESH! Fresh fruits – apricots, figs, grapes, apples, pears. Ideal for serving seasonal fruits!
- SOMETHING SALTY! Olives, deli meats and tapenades.
- SOMETHING CRUNCHY! Mixed nuts – almonds, walnuts, pistachios and cashews.
- Fresh St. Market
- North West Company
- Calgary Co-op
- Sue's Market
- Vince's Market
- Your Independent Grocer
- Marie's Mini Mart